Cause of Windows Update Error Code: 0xc80003fd
This Windows Update error code 0xc80003fd has been occurring due to the following reasons.
- Due to firewall blocking.
- The previous installation was not done correctly.
- Due to 3rd party Antivirus applications.
- Due to a sudden computer shutdown throughout the Windows update process.
- Windows update installation not completed.
- Due to a sudden system shutdown during Windows Update and installation going on.
Note: This 0xc80003fd error code is Applicable for the Windows 10.
Steps to Fix/Resolve Error Code 0xc80003fd
To fix this error code 0xc80003fd, please follow the below simple steps. These steps are for initial fixes. These fix steps will work for Windows 7/8/10/11.
Step 1: Full system scan with anti-malware.
Let’s follow the below steps to resolve this 0xc80003fd error code for Windows Update.
- Go to the Windows setting.
- Go to the Privacy and security section.
- Go to the Windows security.
- Go to the Virus & threat protection.
- Select Scan options.
- Click scan now after selecting Microsoft Defender Offline scan.
- Your PC will restart now and deep scan will start. (Note: To continue, bookmark this post before restarting the computer.)
Steps 2: Run sfc /scannow to check if any corrupted files.
- Press Windows symbol + r.
- Enter cmd and press enter.
- paste this sfc /scannow and press enter.
- Wait till it is completed.
- You may also run the below commands to check everything is working fine.
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once completed then restart your system.
Steps 3: Run Windows Update troubleshooter
- Go to the Windows Settings
- Go to Update & security section.
- Click on Troubleshoot from the left menu.
- On the right of your screen, you should see troubleshooters listed (if not, click on Additional troubleshooters or Other troubleshooters).
- Select Windows Update and click on it to Run the troubleshooter.
Step 4: Reset Windows update components
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Now, please run the below commands:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Tap Win + E to open the File Explorer.
- Delete the contents of the following folders:
- Now, using the Command Prompt, execute the following commands:
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Restart your computer now.
Steps 5: Turn Off Antivirus Software
- Launch your system’s third party antivirus application.
- Go to their setting.
- Stop/pause Antivirus in your computer till you download or install windows update.
Steps 6: Turn Off Windows Firewall
- Go to the Windows defender firewall setting.
- Turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Start Windows Update and Installation.
- Restart your system.
- Turn on Windows Firewall.
In most cases, the above steps fix this Windows Update Error Code 0xc80003fd. In case if the issue still persists then you may follow the below steps.
Steps 7: Fix Registry Key
Note: In Order to perform the below steps you must require some good knowledge of troubleshooting.
- Go to Windows services.
- Go to Windows Update Services.
- Click on view regs key.
- Copy the regs key and save it.
- Now, please right-click on the registry key and click on repair.
Note: If it didn’t work then you can save your registry key and update.
Step 8: Reset your internet connection
- Open Command Prompt as admin again.
- Now, please run the below commands:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- Reboot your PC now and install the Windows Update.
In this article, we read about the reason occur this 0xc80003fd error code and the simple steps to resolve this Windows Update error. We hope the above steps fix your Windows Update error code 0xc80003fd. If not, you must contact a technical expert. If you want instant live support, then click on chat and get in touch with one of our experts.