Cause of Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070005-0x80003
This Windows Update error code 0x80070005-0x80003 has been occurring due to following reasons.
- Due to firewall blocking.
- The prior installation was improperly carried out.
- Because of third-party antivirus software.
- Due to an unexpected shutdown of the PC during the Windows update procedure.
- Installation of a Windows update is not finished.
- Because of an unexpected system shutdown while Windows Update and installation were taking place.
Note: This 0x80070005-0x80003 error code is Applicable for the Windows XP/7/8/10/11.
Steps to Fix/Resolve Error Code 0x80070005-0x80003
To fix this error code 0x80070005-0x80003, please follow the below simple steps. These actions are for quick solutions. These troubleshooting techniques will repair Windows XP/7/8/10/11.
Step 1: Comprehensive anti-malware scan of the system.
Let’s follow the below steps to resolve this 0x80070005-0x80003 error code for Windows Update.
- Go to the Windows setting.
- Visit the section titled “Privacy and Security”.
- Visit Windows security page.
- visit the threat & virus protection section.
- Pick Scan option.
- After choosing Microsoft Defender Offline scan, click scan now.
- Your computer will soon restart, and a comprehensive scan will begin. (Note: Before restarting your computer, save this page as a bookmark to continue reading.)
Steps 2: To see if any corrupted files exist, run sfc /scannow.
- Press Windows symbol + r.
- Enter cmd and press enter.
- Copy and paste this sfc /scannow then hit enter.
- Wait till it is concluded.
- Run the commands listed below to make absolutely sure everything is functioning properly.
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once completed then restart your system.
Steps 3: Launch the Windows Update troubleshooter
- Access Windows Settings
- Visit the Update & security section.
- Pick Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- You should notice troubleshooters listed on the right side of your screen (if not, click on Additional troubleshooters or Other troubleshooters).
- Run the troubleshooter by choosing Windows Update and clicking it.
Step 4: Reset the Windows update components
- Launch Command Prompt in Administrator mode.
- Please execute the following commands now:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Win + E will launch the File Explorer.
- The following folders contents should be removed:
- Now run the following commands through the Command Prompt:
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- Reboot your computer now.
Steps 5: Disable AntiVirus Program
- Open system’s third party antivirus app.
- Click setting.
- Stop or disable your antivirus program till you downloaded and installed windows updates.
Steps 6: Disable the Windows Firewall
- Move on to the Windows Defender firewall settings..
- Disable Windows Firewall.
- Start Windows Update and Installation process.
- You can reboot your PC now.
- Enable Windows Firewall now.
The aforementioned instructions usually work to resolve Windows Update Error Code 0x80070005-0x80003. If the problem still exists, you can do the actions outlined below.
Steps 7: Fix Registry Key
Note: You must have solid troubleshooting skills in order to accomplish the tasks below.
- Go to Windows services.
- Move on to Windows Update Services.
- Click on view Regs key.
- Save the regs key after copying it.
- Now, graciously right-click on the registry key and select repair.
Note: Note: You could save your registry key and update if it didn’t work.
Step 8: Reset your Internet Access
- Launch Command Prompt in Administrator mode again.
- Now, please execute the below commands:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- Install Windows Update after rebooting your computer.
In this article, we read about the reason occur this 0x80070005-0x80003 error code and the simple steps to resolve this Windows Update error. We hope the actions above address the Windows Update error code 0x80070005-0x80003. If not, you must deal with a technical professional. If you need rapid live assistance, click on chat to interact with a member of our support staff.