Reason of Microsoft Office Error Code: 80180002
This Microsoft Office 365 installation error code 80180002 has been occurring due to the following reasons.
- Due to Microsoft OS updates.
- Due to firewall blocking.
- Due to another installation is running on other system.
- You might one system license key.
- Last uninstallation not done correctly.
- Due to 3rd party Anti virus application.
- Due to unauthorized office key.
- Due to expiration of Microsoft Office suite.
- Due to sudden system shutdown while install Windows updates.
- Microsoft Office suite update installation not done completed.
- Due to sudden system shutdown during Office updates and installing going on.
- Incurptted Office installation file
- Multiple device login, In case you have a single user license.
Note: This 80180002 error code is Applicable for the following Microsoft Office applications 2013, 2016, 2019, and Office 365 Business.
Steps to Fix/Resolve Error Code 80180002
To fix this error code 80180002 please follow the below simple steps. These steps are for initial fixes. These steps will work for Windows 7/8/10/11.
Step 1: Check for Windows Updates.
Lets follow the below setup the following steps to get resolve this 80180002 error code for Office Setup.
- Go to Windows setting.
- Go to Windows update section.
- Go to update center.
- Check for latest update.
- If there is any pending updates then click on updates and install the updates.
- Once update done, click on restart. (Note: Before restarting the system, Bookmark this post to go follow further steps.)
Steps 2: Check Corrupted file with sfc /scannow
- Press Windows symbol + r.
- Enter cmd and press enter.
- paste this sfc /scannow and press enter.
- Wait till it completed.
- Once completed then restart your system.
Steps 3: Check for Office Update to Fix this error code 80180002
- Open your Office suite and go to setting.
- Check for updates.
- If there is any update then please update and install.
- Restart your office.
Steps 4: Check your Office Suite Validity and Authorized Key
- Go to Microsoft Office Website (office.com).
- Login with your credentials.
- Once logged in then go to your profile.
- Copy your Office product keys.
- And update the same key to your Microsoft Office Application.
Steps 5: Turn Off Antivirus Software
- Open your 3rd party Antivirus software in your system.
- Go to their setting.
- Stop Antivirus till you do update and installation of Office Update.
Steps 6: Turn Off Windows Firewall
- Go to Windows defender firewall setting.
- Turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Start Office/Windows Update and Installation.
- Restart your system.
- Turn on Windows Firewall.
In most cases, the above steps fix this Microsoft Office Error Code 80180002. In case it still persists then you may follow the below steps.
Steps 7: Fix Registry Key
Note: In Order to perform the below steps you do require some good knowledge of troubleshooting.
- Go to Windows services.
- Go to Microsoft Office Services.
- Click on view regs key.
- Copy the regs key and save it.
- Then right click on registry key and click on repair.
Note: If it does not work then you can update your save registry key and update.
Steps 8: Manual Uninstall and Re-Install Office Suite
- Go to your control panel.
- Click on Uninstall Programs.
- Uninstall the Office Suite.
- Download Office Suite Updated installation Setup file from your Office Account at office.com.
- And Restart your system.
- Then Click on update Microsoft Office suite installation.
- Once Installation finish then enter your Office key to active.
In this article, we read about the reason occur this 80180002 error code and simple steps to resolve this Office error. We hope the above steps fix your Office Application error code 80180002. If not then you have to contact a technical expert. In case you want instant professional live support then click on chat and get connect with one of our experts to assist you online.