Cause of Microsoft Office Error Code: 216-13
This Microsoft Office Application error code 216-13 has been occurring due to the following reasons.
- Due to Microsoft OS updates.
- Due to firewall blocking.
- You might have one system license key.
- The last uninstallation was not done correctly.
- Due to 3rd party Antivirus applications.
- Due to an unauthorized office key.
- Due to another installation running on another system.
- Due to the expiration of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Due to a sudden system shutdown while installing Windows updates.
- Microsoft Office suite update installation not completed.
- Due to a sudden system shutdown during Office updates and installing going on.
- Incurptted Office installation file
- Multiple device logins, In case you have a single-user license.
Note: This 216-13 error code is Applicable for the following Microsoft Office applications 2013, 2016, 2019, and Office 365 Business.
216-13 Error Code Applicable for the following Windows Version:
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
Steps to Fix/Resolve Error Code 216-13
To fix this error code 216-13, please follow the below simple steps. These steps are for initial fixes. These steps will work for Windows 7/8/10/11.
Step 1: Check for Windows Updates.
Let’s follow the below setup following steps to get resolve this 216-13 error code for Office Setup.
- Go to the Windows setting.
- Go to the Windows update section.
- Go to the update center.
- Check for the latest update.
- If there are any pending updates then click on updates and install the updates.
- Once the update is done, click on restart. (Note: Before restarting the system, Bookmark this post to go follow further steps.)
Steps 2: Check Corrupted file with sfc /scannow
- Press Windows symbol + r.
- Enter cmd and press enter.
- paste this sfc /scannow and press enter.
- Wait till it is completed.
- Once completed then restart your system.
Steps 3: Check for Office Update to Fix this error code 216-13
- Open your Office suite and go to setting.
- Check for updates.
- If there is any update then please update and install.
- Restart your office.
Steps 4: Check your Office Suite Validity and Authorised Key
- Go to Microsoft Office Website (office.com).
- Log in with your credentials.
- Once logged in then go to your profile.
- Copy your Office product keys.
- And update the same key to your Microsoft Office Application.
Steps 5: Turn Off Antivirus Software
- Open your 3rd party Antivirus software in your system.
- Go to their setting.
- Stop Antivirus till you do update and installation of Office Update.
Steps 6: Turn Off Windows Firewall
- Go to the Windows defender firewall setting.
- Turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Start Office/Windows Update and Installation.
- Restart your system.
- Turn on Windows Firewall.
In most cases, the above steps fix this Microsoft Office Error Code 216-13. In case it still persists then you may follow the below steps.
Steps 7: Fix Registry Key
Note: In Order to perform the below steps you do require some good knowledge of troubleshooting.
- Go to Windows services.
- Go to Microsoft Office Services.
- Click on view regs key.
- Copy the regs key and save it.
- Then right-click on the registry key and click on repair.
Note: If it does not work then you can update your save registry key and update.
Steps 8: Manual Uninstall and Re-Install Office Suite
- Go to your control panel.
- Click on Uninstall Programs.
- Uninstall the Office Suite.
- Download Office Suite Updated installation Setup file from your Office Account at office.com.
- And Restart your system.
- Then Click on update Microsoft Office suite installation.
- Once Installation finishes then enter your Office key to active.
In this article, we read about the reason occur this 216-13 error code and the simple steps to resolve this Office error. We hope the above steps fix your Office Application error code 216-13. If not then you have to contact a technical expert. In case you want instant professional live support then click on chat and get connect with one of our experts to assist you online.