Cause of Error Code 0x8002802f
This Microsoft Office error code 0x8002802f occurs for the following reasons:
- Due to Microsoft OS updates.
- Incurptted Office installation file
- Installation of Microsoft Office Suite updates has not completed.
- Because of an unexpected system shutdown when updating Windows.
- Because a different installation is active on a different system.
- Due to unauthorized office key.
- Due to firewall blocking.
- Due to 3rd party Anti virus application.
- Due to expiration of Microsoft Office suite.
- If you have a single user license, you can’t log in from several devices.
This 0x8002802f error code applies to Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, 2019, and Office 365 Business.
Steps to Fix/Resolve Error Code 0x8002802f
To fix this error code, follow these simple steps: These steps are for initial troubleshooting. These steps work for Windows 7/8/10/11.
Step 1: Check for Windows Updates.
- Go to Windows setting.
- Go to Windows update section.
- Go to update center.
- Check for latest update.
- If there are pending updates, click Update to install the updates.
- Once update done, click on restart. (Note: Bookmark this post for further steps before rebooting your system.)
Steps 2: Check for corrupted files with sfc /scannow
- Press Windows symbol + r.
- Enter cmd and press enter.
- paste this sfc /scannow and press enter.
- Wait till it completed.
- Once completed then restart your system.
Step 3: Check for Office Update to Fix it
- Go to settings in Office suite after opening it.
- Check for updates.
- Download and install all available updates.
- Restart your office.
Steps 4: Verify the Authorized Key and Validity of your Office Suite.
- Go to Microsoft Office Website (office.com).
- Login with your credentials.
- after logging in, visit your profile.
- Copy your Office product keys.
- Additionally, update your Microsoft Office application using the same key.
Step 5: Turn Off Antivirus Software
- Open the third-party antivirus software on your system.
- Go to their setting.
- Pause your antivirus until you update and install the Office Update.
Steps 6: Turn Off Windows Firewall
- Go to Windows defender firewall setting.
- Turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Start Office/Windows Update and Installation.
- Restart your system.
- Turn on Windows Firewall.
In most cases, the above steps will fix this Microsoft Office error code 0x8002802f. Please follow the procedures below if the issue continues:
Steps 7: Fix Registry Key
Note: You must have a good knowledge of troubleshooting to perform the following steps.
- Go to Windows services.
- Go to Microsoft Office Services.
- Click on view regs key.
- Copy the regs key and save it.
- Then right-click the registry key and click Repair.
Note: If it doesn’t work, update the saved registry key.
Steps 8: Manual Uninstall and Re-Install Office Suite
- Go to your control panel.
- Click on Uninstall Programs.
- Uninstall the Office Suite.
- From your Office Account at office.com, get the installation setup file for Office Suite Updated.
- And Restart your system.
- Then click Update Microsoft Office suite installation.
- Once installed, enter your Office key to activate.
This article explains the causes of the 0x8002802f error code and offers straightforward solutions. We hope the above steps will resolve your Office error code 0x8002802f. If not, you will need to contact a technical expert. For immediate live and professional help, click Chat to contact one of our experts online.